BOOK ONLINE NOW
Things To Do when visiting Melkboomsdrift Guest Lodge
MELKBOOMSDRIFT GUESTHOUSE is situated in the heart of the Olifants River valley, between Vredendal and Lutzville, this working wine farm with a restored farmhouse, circa 1820, is an ideal stop-over between Cape Town and Namibia on the N7, with the West Coast 20 minutes away for whale spotting.
- Stroll down to a look-out point with your flask of tea/coffee or a bottle of Melkboomsdrift Lodge boutique wine and add to our list of bird species to be spotted on the farm or next to the Olifants River - 15 species have been identified so far by guests.
- Take an early morning stroll through the vineyards next to the Olifansriver or around the farm and spot the wild flowers and succulent in the flower season of Namaqualand.
- Play golf at our golf course in Lutzville and Vredendal 9 holes and then come and relax with a gold beer or a bottle of red wine from our farm.
- Enjoy a home cooked dinner by candle light.
- Escape from city life to Melkboomdrift for a romantic getaway and try our brand new rooms, decorated with a touch of Provence!
- Drive to Strandfontein and Doringbaai (25km) and enjoy a walk on the beach, spot a whale and see a beautiful sunset.
- Visit Papendorp, a famous birdspot on the estuary.
- Be adventurous and go fishing in our beautiful Olifantsrivier river just below your room!
- Come and Rittel during the annual Rittelfees in the last weekend of Oct each year.
- BEST OF ALL come and visit Namaqualand's spectacular wild flowers during Aug and Sept. stay for 2 to 4 days to get the most of your time to see flowers. We provide a flower report weekly to our guest each morning at the breakfast table. We will help plan you to see the most of the flowers by doing circular routes bv Nieuwoutdville cirle to Clanwilliam Wupperthal and come back and have a nice dinner for the evening.
- Wine tasting at our big cellars at Lutzville and Vredendal.
- Walks in the Maskam mountains 40 min drive from Melboomssdrft Lodge.
- Crayfish season from November to April each year.